You are here
"If we had attempted this transition manually, there would have been a huge amount of work involved.
Manually finding and updating all of the appropriate user, group and role references and then re-verifying access and data level security would’ve been a far more expensive and error-prone process."
- Lovemore Nyazema
BI Architect Lead
"The software is a total blessing, easy to use and understand with the integration with TM1.
And, what can you say about the Impersonate feature...that is the best thing since sliced bread."
Information Solutions Architect
Persona IQ - Seamless Cognos Security Migration
Do you need to transition your Cognos environment from one authentication source to another? Did you realize that this can wreak havoc with your existing Cognos content and configuration? Migrating Cognos between authentication sources can result in orphaned or lost My Folders content, schedules which can no longer run, email deliveries which no longer happen, mis-configured security policies, and many other problems (see the video below).
Motio's Persona IQ™ quickly and seamlessly transitions Cognos between external authentication sources WITHOUT breaking the existing security configuration. Persona IQ:
- Migrates between Cognos authentication sources without changing the CAMIDs of users, groups & roles
- Supports migrating from and/or to:
- Cognos Access Manager
- Microsoft Active Directory
- IBM Tivoli Directory Server
- Requires less than five minutes of Cognos downtime
- Requires ZERO changes to the Cognos content store, FM / Transformer models, TM1 applications, etc.
- Empowers BI support personnel while still adhering to corporate authentication standards
- Eliminates expensive, risky and time-consuming migration projects
Want to Learn More?
Check out the video provided just to the right. It demonstrates concrete examples of many of the content and configuration issues which can arise when migrating a Cognos environment between authentication sources, and then goes on to show how Persona IQ makes the same migration virtually seamless.