You are here
"Migrating eighty five thousand objects manually would have taken us several months with several service disruptions to our end users. Motio's Namespace Migration streamlined this process and allowed us to successfully migrate eighty five thousand objects from Open LDAP to a Corporate LDAP server within just a few hours. Thank you Motio!"
- Avi Badwal
University of San Diego
Persona IQ - Seamless Cognos Security Migration
Do you need to transition your Cognos environment from one authentication source to another? Did you realize that this can wreak havoc with your existing Cognos content and configuration? Migrating Cognos between authentication sources can result in misconfigured security, orphaned or lost My Folders content, schedules which can no longer run, email deliveries which no longer happen, and many other problems (see the video below).
Motio's Persona IQ™ quickly and seamlessly transitions Cognos between external authentication sources WITHOUT breaking existing security configuration. Persona IQ:
- Migrates between Cognos authentication sources without changing the CAMIDs of users, groups & roles
- Supports migrating from and/or to:
- Cognos Access Manager
- Microsoft Active Directory
- IBM Tivoli Directory Server
- Requires less than five minutes of Cognos downtime
- Requires ZERO changes to the Cognos content store, FM / Transformer models, TM1 applications, etc.
- Empowers BI support personnel while still adhering to corporate authentication standards
- Eliminates expensive, risky and time-consuming migration projects
Want to Learn More?
Check out the video provided just to the right. It demonstrates concrete examples of many of the content and configuration issues which can arise when migrating a Cognos environment between authentication sources, and then goes on to show how Persona IQ makes the same migration virtually seamless.