- Customer Testimonials
- Cognos BI Products
- Motio Software for IBM Cognos TM1
You are here
Motio, Inc. Broadens IBM Cognos Testing abilities with MotioCI 3.0
New, intuitive features from MotioCI provide the most comprehensive testing capabilities for Cognos customers.
Dallas, Texas (PRWEB) March 21, 2013 - Motio, Inc. today announced the release of MotioCI 3.0, packed with all new features to enhance how the Cognos BI life cycle is managed. This release introduces more capabilities and enhancements to the software designed to save time and costs associated with the development of quality Cognos BI content. The testing arm of the continuous integration software for Cognos received a major upgrade in order to increase the flexibility of how BI content accuracy and performance is validated and to greatly enhance the workflows of Cognos BI teams.
- Some of the new features of MotioCI 3.0 include:
- The power to customize any type of Cognos regression testing parameters imaginable with a hardy new feature called “Assertion Studio.” Some examples include testing report performance stability, validate that outputs contain the correct data, continuously monitor the validity of data sources and dispatchers, enforce IBM “Proven Practices,” and many more countless scenarios.
- The ability to test the effects of moving Cognos content into a new environment and then automatically deploying upon successful trial promotions.
- The flexibility of configuring regression tests to run based on frequency or upon certain conditions being met.
- The versatility of scheduling Cognos deployment releases to occur during non-business hours and to be triggered from an external source.
- The capability of testing all Cognos object types, including executable content (active reports, queries, reports, etc.) and non-executable content (folders, packages, data sources, etc.).
- The convenience of reversing a content deployment with the single click of a button.
"I am very confident that the enhancements made in MotioCI 3.0 will dramatically improve the efficiency of BI teams," said Roger Moore, MotioCI Product Manager. "For a long time, our mantra for the version control components has been completeness. We version every object, every property and every action. We wanted to apply that same philosophy to the testing components as well, and MotioCI 3.0 completes that goal. We focused our enhancements on making a comprehensive testing solution for IBM Cognos, but while expanding the testing we also focused on making it flexible. I am excited to see what customers do with these new features as I believe they will do more than we originally anticipated."
About Motio IncMotio produces award-winning software focused on optimizing the quality, scalability, and security of IBM Cognos Environments. Motio software is used by customers in over 60 countries around the globe. Motio, an IBM Premier Business Partner, empowers Cognos teams by removing burdens and enabling them to focus on the essential complexity of Business Intelligence. For more information about Motio, visit http://www.motio.com.