- Customer Testimonials
- Cognos BI Products
- MotioPI Pro
- Persona IQ
- Cognos Namespace Migration
- Motio Software for IBM Cognos TM1
You are here
"Migrating eighty five thousand objects manually would have taken us several months with several service disruptions to our end users. Motio's Namespace Migration streamlined this process and allowed us to successfully migrate eighty five thousand objects from Open LDAP to a Corporate LDAP server within just a few hours. Thank you Motio!"
- Avi Badwal
University of San Diego
NamespaceMigration - Cognos Security Migration
Motio™'s Namespace Migration product facilitates the migration of Cognos Content and configuration from one Authentication Namespace to another.
When your Cognos Content is at stake, trust the experts to ensure a safe, secure, and complete migration. The Motio™ Namespace Migration product can make namespace migration a seamless and worry free process.
Motio™ asks the key questions to help devise and implement a roadmap specific to your migration needs:
- What mapping method will be used?
- Where will groups reside?
- Which users will be migrated?
- What about orphans?
- Which of the 140 object types do you want to migrate?
By utilizing Motio™'s Namespace Migration tool, you can automate an otherwise time-intensive and error prone process.
Whether you’re migrating from Series 7 Access Manager to LDAP or Active Directory, consolidating multiple existing Active Directory servers, or migrating user content from development to test, the Motio™ ’s Namespace Migration service seamlessly handles the move.
About Cognos Security
In IBM Cognos, an authentication provider provides access to a (generally external) authentication source (e.g. Series 7 Access Manager, LDAP, Active Directory, etc). By configuring an authentication provider in IBM Cognos, you define an “authentication namespace.”
Each user, group and role in an authentication namespace has a unique identifier in Cognos called a "CAMID".
Virtually all Cognos content will have references to one or more CAMIDs. Examples of this include:
- most objects in Cognos have :
- an owner property which will refer to the CAMID of the owning user.
- a policy set, which lists the CAMIDs of users, groups and roles are entitled to the Cognos object (and their level of access)
- all content in a user's My Folders area is associated with a user's CAMID
- each user's preferences and portal tabs are associated with their CAMID
- Framework Model Object Security - modelers may restrict access to Namespaces, Query Subjects and Query Items based on groups / roles (references their CAMID).
- Transformer Models may have Custom Views to enforce security on cubes. These custom views are configured as visible to certain users, groups & roles (references their CAMID).
When you migrate to a different authentication namespace, all users, groups and roles from that new namespace will have different CAMIDs (even if they are semantically the same user, group or role).
Motio™ Namespace Migration offers the following:
- Audit all objects
- Create and display a policy matrix
- Display the permissions and policies for each user on each object
- Display the members of each Cognos group and role
- Display all objects within a user's My Folders
- Locate and match users in the target namespace
- Migrate all My Folders content
- Migrate all Preferences (locale, output format, rows per page, etc.)
- Migrate all Portal Pages
- Migrate all Jobs & Schedules
- Migrate all Memberships
- Migrate all Policies & Permissions
- Migrate all Capabilities